Saturday, July 21, 2012

Deep Field for WIde outs

Interested in fantasy football? My life becomes consumed by it in about another week...haha just kidding I am already consumed in it, running a competitive keeper league, and always researching.  I've decided to share some of what I have come across in my research as of this far.
The most obvious is how how deep the field is for wide outs this year. Starting with Megatron himself (Who unfortunately is on the Madden Cover...ruh roh) and goes to the likes of veterans like Randy Moss who show promise for a sweet come back year. The deep field of Wide outs allows you to search for other needs in the early rounds, especially in a keeper league.  One of my keepers is going to be a dependable wide out in either Miles Austin - DAL(Healthy and the dependable one with LR leaving to JAX and Dez being troublesome) or Hakeem Nicks - NYG (pending how his recovery goes).

I will look into other positions in a later post, but for now let's stay with wide outs.  If, like me, you are willing to wait on wide outs to fill other importnat positions there will be plenty of late round gems out there.  My boys (Broncos) have 2, I am not sure who will have a better year with Peyton at the helm, but you have Eric Decker(A solid POV on Decker and a decent mock draft) who is a route running phenom and Demaryious Thomas who is dangerous for big plays.  in a PPR(Points per reception) league, my bet is on Eric Decker getting the most looks, and a mid round steal.  With Andrew Luck QB in Indy, I think atleast Reggie Wayne - IND and Austin Collie - IND will become more consistent targets.  Dwayne Bowe - KC, looking to test free agency next year, looks to be someone with a huge upside (considering WRs on a contract year usually over perform).  I am not totally sold on Torrey Smith - BAL  but he will be the Number one and will for sure get his looks from Flacco and will be available in the 7th or 8th round. In my eyes he would be one of those "I missed every other receiver I wanted, guess I have to settle with him" picks. 

Other Names to look for in the mid to late rounds: Desean Jackson - PHI, Pierre Garcon - WAS, Justin Blackmon - JAX(because Jax has noone else), Randy Moss - SF (Huge upside and can only go up from where he last ended things), Nate Washington - TEN (because Titans will be Britt-less it looks like), 
(HAHAHA JUST KIDDING, He(Terrel Owens) will get on a team, but will maybe have a touchdown and a couple hundred yards at most)


A couple late round super sleepers: Greg Little - CLE, Chad Ochocinco - MIA, Brandon Gibson - STL (There is noone else in STL and Bradford has to throw to someone. 

Running Backs are the next to be disected. I wanted to get the easy grouping out of the way first.

No comments:

Post a Comment